Sunday, January 6, 2008

Ms. Pac Man is taking over our house...



It all started out very innocent...

One of Zac's gifts was a plug and play Ms. PAC-Man. Hans and I started out just playing it with the kids for fun and now I must tell you it is out of hand. We are no longer challenging the kids we challenge each other. We call "NEXT GAME" and will fight the children who may come in seconds after we call that they must get in line. I think the first step in conquering this addiction for myself (H is still unable to confess he has an issue) is talking about it. I have made a list of some of the situations that have confirmed that we do in fact have ISSUES!

You know you have addictions to Ms. PAC- Man when......

You fight, manipulate, or bribe your kids to go first, or play 2 maybe 3 games in a row.

You insist to your kids you will not be playing it on date night because you rented a movie and we only play it to be with y'all. Liar!! You play it for over an hour on date night and it is still not enough.

You sneak in the playroom to play while pretending to be holding the baby while you really are holding him you are also sneaking a few games with the volume off so as not to be busted by your spouse.

You shout and make obscene jesters maybe even curse the game and ghost (I won't mention any names- maybe cause it's me - maybe not...I'll never tell).

You know the ghosts by name.

You Google to find secret tricks to mastering the game.

You refer to BLINKY as DEMON POSSESSED! (for those Ms Pac Man amateurs out there this is the red ghost - who by the way will chase you and on the blue screen is faster than you unless you turn alot).

You begin to curse the controller and want to throw it because it is messing up.

You purchase the game on your cell phone so you can get in more practice and beat your spouse.

These are just a few of the issues that have reared up since this DEMON POSSESSED game has entered our home.

We covet your prayers now more than ever!

5 comments:

Lorren Says... said...

Hilarious!! I hope you beat Hans.. I mean uh...

stephanie said...

once you start, it's hard to stop!!! have fun!

Angie said...

To make the game more challenging try playing it upside down! I won't tell you how I know that trick!

june cleaver said...

ooohhhh, I loooove Ms. Pac-Man. When I was a kid my mom and her best friend were in a ladies bowling league. Sometimes they took us kids along (they were GREAT moms!) anyway, there was a Ms. Pac-man arcade game at the bowling alley. My dad BOUGHT IT for my mom for her birthday because she played it sooo much at the bowling alley. It is to this day in my parent's basement! I would soooo whoop your butt on this game! :)

Star Molegraaf said...

Chris,

Don't be so sure missy- remember your game is in your parents basement- mine is here in my home where I practice frequently!

No really I'm no good it's my man who's good. He has a highscore of 38,770 and still going! He's a real gamer- I'm soooo lucky!