Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Profound Thoughts

This is the Tub I am Pretending to be in.


Tonight I decided to take a hot bath, sip a glass of red wine, and just relax in my tub. When I escape like this I start to think...ya know random / deep thoughts. I thought I'd let you in on some of what goes through this head of mine. Now prepare yourself people and please don't be intimidated with the depth of thought.

- This tub is SICK!! I can't believe I am actually taking a bath in this thing. Our house was built in the early 80's and we have the original bathroom. It seems someone tried to fix the cracks with the wrong type of caulk and now there is permanent mold in the caked on caulk. Why do people feel the need to cover with caulk? Someone who lived here before was caulk happy.

- Lord thank you for my children. Thank you that they are home with me. Please help me to remain self controlled tomorrow when we do school. Lord I want school to be fun. That's it...tomorrow we are gonna make homemade donuts, and I'm gonna enjoy schooling my kids no matter how hard it is, and no matter what happens. Please forgive me for threatening to send Zac back to school.

- Man this tub is sick. Maybe we should consider re-doing our bathroom with some of our tax return money.

- Lord you know what? I am sorry for having such a complaining spirit. This is what you have given us and it's enough. In fact Lord it's more than enough. Thank you God for my bathroom. Thank you that I have a tub. Lord I really want to be content. I want to be like Paul when he said he's had plenty and he has gone without, and he was cool with whatever you chose for him. That's how I want to be Lord...content. Could you please help me to be more content?

- Man what is up with all this fat? I am soooo SICK of this fat. That's it, the party is over. I'm gettin' serious (I hold about 20 pounds when I am nursing a baby...diets never matter...OK maybe i don't exactly diet). I am cutting sugar drastically, I mean drastic. Dr. Pepper, its over! This little free for all love affair we've had going on, it's over. Eating after 6pm (okay lets say 7pm) that's done too. While nursing I crave massive amounts of sugar, junk food, all the stuff I would normally consider a treat. Yeah, it's part of my everyday diet while nursing, and I totally know that while I'm nursing I have zero self control and theres NO WAY I'm given up my goodies. It is serious time people. This time I mean it- I'm DONE!!!

- Man I can't help it Lord this tub it's just SICK!!! I think we are gonna have to get a bid on this bathroom. I mean anyone in there right mind would fix this bathroom. Why wait until we need to move out to fix it? I want to enjoy it and what's wrong with that? Hans and I deserve that. Lord could you please provide a way for a new bathroom, and give us wisdom, and oh yeah Lord I still want to be content, but can I please be content in my new bathroom??

- Man I have ISSUES!! We are talkin serious issues.

- It's gettin kinda hot and I'm hungry. I don't care if it's 10:30pm. I'm hungry! I think I'll have a snack. I'll get serious tomorrow.

Are these crazy thoughts? Maybe. Or it could be the fact that I have six children and I'm homeschooling them... HELLO!!! Maybe it's the nursing hormones. Maybe I'm pregnant! That would be so awesome. Maybe I'm with child... except that we had a vasectomy, and we were highly advised not to have anymore children, yeah that could be a little scary. Relax I'm not pregnant. I'm just a crazy normal mom who cherishes her crazy nonstop life, and I just shared a bit of it with you.

7 comments:

Angie said...

OOOOHHHHHH! Can I get in after your done? Just leave the fireplace going and I'll bring my own snacks and bubbles! I too crave sweets while nursing and apparently have NO self control either! I am so frustrated with myself most every day! This to shall pass?

Lorren Says... said...

Hilarious! Loved reading this. I can totally relate to it. Unfortunately, I don't have an excuse for keeping these extra 10 (okay more like 15) extra pounds :)

Anonymous said...

FUNNY! Your thoughts ramble as much as mine do. This is a good one!

Anonymous said...

when i'm nursing the same thing happens to me. i don't lose weight as easily, especially the last several pounds, i just hold the fat. everyone i've ever spoken with says that when THEY'RE nursing it helps them lose tons of weight. not me. once i finish (or baby finishes) it's so much easier to lose weight. my craving was always chocolate covered almonds. i enjoy reading your blog...i'm admiring your faith, honesty and SIX children! wow!

Carrie said...

AHHHHH quiet time in the bath!! Enjoy nursing your last baby. I always lost a lot of weight nursing. I had to stop nursing my last baby at five months. Sad ... didn't really want to. But now I can't get the weight off. I should have another baby just so I can nurse the fat off of me!

Laura said...

You are cracking me up. As I read, it was with your voice in my head reading to me! Too funny!

stephanie said...

you, my dear, are precious! that scene is oh so familiar. (not the awesome fireplace tub, but the train of thought) except coleman has tub radar. serioulsly, whether he's sleeping or not. nine times out of ten, i forget to lock the door and he comes bounding in stripping clothes and tugging at his diaper innocently thinking i forgot to scoop him up on my way in because of course what i had in mind was being climbed all over and making my legs a bridge to swim under. when actually that was not what i had in mind at all. (he's borderline getting to the age where that stops all together anyhow) ahhhh.....this life we have is truly such an indulgence....soak it up!!!