Monday, October 29, 2007

Here's to Lookin at the Bright side


Saturday we went up to our subdivision clubhouse for a safety first day. We saw a firetruck, a police boat, ambulance etc. They had moon jumps for the kids and we just kinda hung out cause the weather was beautiful.

When we got home we were on the porch fixin to open the door and Zac is going on and on about a stinch.

Zac- What's that smell? Ewwwwweeeee!!! It stinks like a fart!! Gross who FARTED?

Me- Thinking- Can't he say toot or something?! Why do boys love to say FART!

Kylie, Caleb and Ryland- Not me, I didn't fart, nope not me.

Me- There was a dirty diaper up here before we left that daddy took to the outside trash...everybody calm down...that's probably what your smelling.

Zac- No that definitely smells like a fart!!

Me- Thinking- How in the world can he be so sure that he knows the difference?? Whatever.

Ryland- SNIFF, SNIFF, SNIFF, Actually it smells like some eggs. Sniff again. Yep, that's definitley eggs. Kinda smells good!

ME- Thinking- Okay that's definitely what I call lookin' on the bright side!

7 comments:

Robin said...

First of all Lorren talks about you all of time. I have to say I don't think I can like someone who looks so good after 6 kids. My goal is to look a little better than death warmed over by the time I go to bed.

I rarely achieve that goal.

Nice to "meet" you though. =)

My students were saying fart in Korean today. Some days I really wish I just didn't ask, "What did you just say?" It's dumb on my part to think it's going to be anything I need to know.

Lorren Says... said...

Ryland is cracking me up. I can see all your kids having that conversation.

Lorren Says... said...

I know what this story reminded me of: Ryland in the car saying "Whath that thmell? Do you have gum?"

Carrie said...

Hi- I found your blog through a friend of a friend. The Aylors know a friend of mine. We all went to college together. I read through your blog and here's a question for you. How do you stay organized and on top of things with six kids. I had my third not to long ago. I have three under the age of 4 and some days I wonder if I'll get one thing on my list done. How do you do it?

stephanie said...

i am a big fan of the bright side!

Lorren Says... said...

could use another blog here. thanks.

Anonymous said...

A definite bright side for me is having you for a daughter-in-law! I am SO proud of who you are, inside and out and I am incredibly grateful to God for giving you to me.